We offer a wide range of behaviour change and social marketing training, focusing on a variety of topics and catering for people with differing levels of knowledge.
At the moment, our Making Every Contact Count (MECC) training is particularly popular.
What is MECC?
MECC is a simple idea: encouraging frontline workers to use their daily interactions with the public as opportunities to have conversations that help people improve their health and wellbeing.
MECC training aims to ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to open up healthy conversations with their clients, and to raise awareness, motivate and signpost people to other services that improve their health and wellbeing. The benefit of MECC is that it can help people live healthier lives and prevent ill health and early deaths, as well as helping with wider lifestyle issues such as money, employment and housing.
Why choose SMG?
- Our team has delivered MECC training to several thousands of staff and volunteers from many organisations. We are currently delivering MECC training to councils in the following areas across England: Dudley, Barnet, Surrey, Kent, Brighton & Hove, West Sussex, Camden, Islington, Enfield, Medway, Salford, Gloucestershire, Waltham Forest, and North Yorkshire.
- The training follows Public Health England and Health Education England MECC guidance. SMG’s MECC skills training course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
- We offer a rounded package to support the delivery of MECC programmes: as well as training, we can also provide communications and recruitment support, booking administration, venue management and evaluation.
- Our existing MECC clients and participants value our provision (see examples of feedback to the right).
What do we offer?
We always start by looking at your specific requirements and can tailor our support on a number of levels:
- Comprehensive package – a tailored training programme with a full range of promotional support and evaluation
- Training package – a tailored training only programme covering the specified competences required by participants.
- Self-led learning advice and guidance – web and mobile phone based applications and e-learning.
Find out more
For more information about our MECC and other training courses, please visit our dedicated training website, SMG Learning.